Sculptra: Natural Change over Time
There are many different kinds of dermal fillers available today. Some offer quick results while others like Sculptra work to improve the treatment area over a period of time. If you prefer a solution for your wrinkles that can offer you natural-looking results, Sculptra is the answer you’ve been looking for.
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is a type of dermal filler that stimulates the production of collagen. It is an injectable treatment made with a base of polylactic acid (poly-L-lactic). Polylactic acid has been long used in the medical field in products like dissolvable stitches and bone screws.
It is a synthetic substance that resembles a chemical produced by the body during exercise. The use of polylactic acid to treat facial wrinkles received FDA approval in 2009.
Sculptra triggers collagen production to naturally add volume to the skin. You will be able to see visible results only after a period of four weeks. Once the effects manifest, the results can last for years. Some improvements may be apparent after a few weeks after the treatment, but optimal results manifest after completing two to three sessions of Sculptra or as per your specific requirement.
The Benefits of Using Sculptra
There are many benefits to using Sculptra as your solution for eliminating wrinkles.
• Sculptra is a nonsurgical treatment designed to remove wrinkles and provide patients with excellent results. It can eliminate some of the signs of aging and improve facial volume.
• The results provided by the Sculptra treatment look natural. Your face won’t have that artificial look that some dermal fillers are known to have. When you use Sculptra, it works to boost collagen production in your skin. Collagen is a protein naturally found in the body. It keeps the skin supple and elastic. After the treatment is completed, your skin will regain its beautiful youthful glow.
• Sculptra provides patients with long-lasting results that can last up to two years. With a treatment like this, you won’t have to undergo an injectable filler treatment every few months to maintain your results.
• The boost in collagen production caused by the Sculptra treatment can help improve the skin’s tone and texture. So not only does it help to fade out wrinkles, it will also work to make your skin look healthy and beautiful.
• Sculptra is a safe and effective treatment. This injectable filler is a synthetic compound that is composed of lactic acid, a naturally occurring chemical in human bodies. The treatment is suitable for most skin types and isn’t known to trigger any allergic reactions. Minor side effects like slight pain or redness may occur, but they will subside in time.
• There is no need for a long recovery period after a Sculptra treatment. You can resume your normal routine soon after your treatment is over.
• The Sculptra treatment is not painful. You may feel minor pain or discomfort from the injections. To help with this, lidocaine (an anesthetic) is mixed into the Sculptra solution. You can ask your doctor about your options to minimize pain – be it lidocaine or another topical anesthetic.
To experience the best results from a Sculptra session, it is important to work with a qualified and experienced doctor for the treatment.
Contact Our Office
Sculptra can help you eliminate the signs of aging and dramatically improve your facial aesthetic. Contact the Mandell-Brown Plastic Surgery Center to Learn more about the treatment with skilled plastic surgery experts.