5 Reasons Why Breast Augmentation is the Top Cosmetic Surgery
Since 2006, breast augmentation has been the top plastic surgery procedure in the United States. Dr. Mark Mandell-Brown notes 5 reasons why breast augmentation has remained number 1 in the plastic surgery industry:
1. It has an extremely high satisfaction rate. According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), 98% of women noted that their breast augmentation results met or exceeded their expectations. The study also noted that breast augmentation has psychological benefits as well, showing 90% of the women reported an increase i self-esteem.
2. It is a routine surgery with a fairly easy recovery process. The procedure is about 1-2 hours depending on the patient. Many women can return to work after a few days depending on the occupation. Full activities can be resumed within four to six weeks.
3. Breast implants are safe devices. There are two different types of breast implants: saline and silicone. Both types of implants are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Make sure to ask your plastic surgeon about the difference in the two types. Your plastic surgeon will have the best recommendation based on your breast augmentation goals.
4. The results are long-lasting. Although breast implants are not intended to be a lifetime device, there is no need to replace them at regular intervals. The FDA does recommend that women with breast implants have a MRI screening every 2 years to make sure there is not a rupture in the breast implant.
5. The variety of implants offers a personalized result. Your breasts are your breasts. There are a total of seven approved implants from three different manufactures. These implants are available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and profiles. The latest three types are shaped like a teardrop to best resemble the natural breast. Due to the diverse group of products, every women should be able to get the type of breast implant they are looking for.
Women continue to seek breast augmentation because it boosts confidence and self-esteem through a safe, reliable cosmetic procedure that produces consistent results. An experienced plastic surgeon can advise a potential patient on the possible benefits of breast enhancement and suggest the appropriate surgical approach.
About The Plastic Surgery Experts at the Mandell-Brown Plastic Surgery Center: Dr. Mark Mandell-Brown has been voted twice as “Top Doc” in breast augmentation by Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio physicians in a poll conducted by Cincinnati Magazine. Dr. Mandell-Brown is known for his “NATURAL LOOK” breast augmentation. The Mandell-Brown Plastic Surgery Center is the only free standing center in Cincinnati equipped with general anesthesia and dedicated completely to cosmetic surgery. The patient truly has privacy as well as the safety of a AAAHC accredited and state of Ohio licensed surgery center. For more information please contact us at (513) 984-4700 or at [email protected]