5 benefits of a tummy tuck
Tummy tucks can sometimes be seen only as a cosmetic procedure to become skinnier. Although it is a cosmetic change to your body shape, the benefits can go deeper than just feeling skinny. Dr. Mark Mandell-Brown, a well-known plastic surgeon in Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; explains there are more benefits to a tummy tuck than meets the eye.
1. Sagging skin. Sagging skin is not a desired feature. A tummy tuck is a great procedure to get rid of extra skin. This extra skin could be a result of dieting and losing weight or pregnancy.
2. Firm abdominal skin. A tummy tuck allows the surgeon to pull excess skin in a firm manner to achieve your tummy tuck goals. This will give your abdomen a more firm look once you are fully healed from the procedure.
3. Visible muscle tone. During the tummy tuck procedure, Dr. Mandell-Brown will tighten abdomen muscles with internal sutures. This is to help tighten weak muscles.
4. Flat abdomen. Tummy tucks also help achieve a flatter abdomen. During the procedure, along with tightening abdomen muscles, fat is removed as well as excess skin. This results in a flatter abdomen.
5. Youthful lower abdomen and navel. For a full tummy tuck, a new opening is made for the navel. Dr. Mandell-Brown takes his time recreating as natural a belly button as possible resulting in a more youthful navel and lower looking abdomen.
Dr. Mandell-Brown of Mandell-Brown Plastic Surgery Center is nationally recognized for his Natural Look results and has taught other doctors how to perform tummy tuck surgery. For more information, please call us at (513) 984-4700 or email us at [email protected]